These are flat out amazing, simple to prepare, harnessing some great flavours.
- 1 dozen of the freshest oysters you can find
- 2 tablespoons of dry wakame seaweed (available at Japanese grocery stores)
- 60 grams of good unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of white miso paste (again find at a Japanese grocery store)
- 40 grams Yarra Valley Salmon Caviar
In a medium sized bowl place the wakame and then cover with water. Let this soak for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve the seaweed. Mix the miso paste and softened butter until smooth. Remove the oysters from their shells and place a small amount of wakame in the oyster shell, place the oyster back into the shell, repeat with remaining oysters. Place the oysters in a bamboo steamer. Place the bamboo steamer over a pot of boiling water, top with the steamer lid and steam for 2 minutes. Place small amounts of miso butter on the warmed oysters, then top with Yarra Valley Salmon caviar.